If you read the blog with any regularity, you know I flee to Charleston whenever possible. It’s my second favorite place (besides Greenville, of course) and I love nothing more than exploring their vast culinary scene. In honor of warmer weather soon approaching, and more frequent trips to the coast, I thought I’d fill you in on my Bucket List for this summer.
This is my Bucket List for 2013, the Charleston Edition.
1) I am obsessed with getting to FIG. Located at 232 Meeting Street, Charleston, the place has been open since 2003. (You’d think I would have made it by now.) Meeting Chef Mike Lata is high on my list, too, and I may get my chance late summer. Rumor is he may be one of the visiting chefs for Euphoria in September. I hope I get to interview him!
2) The Ordinary. The classy oyster bar/ a la carte seafood joint is Mike Lata’s second Restaurant venture with business partner Adam Nemirow. It opened last year at 544 King Street (coolest street in the entire State) in Charleston. Again, if I’m gonna interview the dude, I must try his food. That’s my motto and I’m sticking to it.
3) Sugar Bakeshop. Cupcakes, cookies, tarts and pies, oh my. I’m slowly making my way around Charleston bakeries and this little bakery on Cannon Street is next on my list. The place has been in Southern Living, Bon Appetit, Food and Wine. Are you getting the picture? It’s a must.
4) Dangermuffin. Okay, so it’s not food. But it sounds like food and they are from Folly Beach and if I don’t get to see them live this year, I will be sadly disappointed.
5) Charleston Food Truck Rodeo. I’ve lost count of how many food trucks there are in Charleston. I have eaten at approximately zero, so I have lots of catching up to do. What better way to hit them all than a food truck rodeo? Roti Rolls is on my list. Cast Iron is on there. And Diggity Doughnuts is DEFINITELY on my list. I think the girl who runs this truck knows my schedule and purposefully closes when I’m in shouting distance. BA! Listen lady, I am going to try your doughnuts this summer!
And the list is growing…