Looking to lock down your love? You might want to head over to Pomegranate on Main in downtown Greenville. Last night my husband and I cranked up the romance and went with an engraved lock in hand to Pomegranate on Main to add our Love Lock to the gate on their patio.
I heard about the locks going up on the wall in a recent article in the news and so had to do it. My husband bought us a lock and engraved it himself. (Yes, he is awesome.) It was a really neat experience. As a couple, committed to love each other for life, you attach your lock to the gate and throw the key in the fountain. And then, the restaurant brings out two glasses of champagne or wine for a toast. How cool is that?! A definite must for Greenvillians in love.
I’ve been to Pomegranate a couple of times. One time was really amazing. One time wasn’t. But the thing is, I really didn’t know what to order! I was invited by the restaurant to come out and graze the menu to write something for the blog, and we had an amazing server who walked us through the menu this time and helped pick out some incredible food!
Every table is also served a plate consisting of a wedge of unsalted butter, mint, radishes and feta cheese along with a basket of flatbread. Butter and feta on bread is a traditional Persian breakfast, actually! The restaurant puts their own spin on it with the mint and radishes. The combination is very nice.
After we finished our champagne, we ordered a Pomegranate Martini, the restaurant’s signature drink, which came with a frozen grape in the bottom. The drink was tangy, sweet and delicious.
- The owner’s wife makes a lot of the desserts from scratch. (And she is super talented.)
- All Entrees are Gluten Free.
- All Starters are vegetarian PLUS there are Veggie Kabobs AND a very interesting looking Vegetarian Fesenjan Stew of sauteed portobello mushrooms slow cooked in a walnut and pomegranate sauce.
- Most items on the menu are already perfectly paired with a wine selection.
- The dining room feel is classy… dressy. The porch is more casual and quieter, has an amazing waterfall fountain, and is climate controlled so you CAN sit outside in the winter and rain.
- They also serve lunch!